Following downstream through the canyon and down to Bakersfield is the Lower Kern. A variety of fish can be caught here, including trout, carp, bluegill, bass, pikeminnow, and catfish.
It should be noted that currents in the canyon are strong and unpredictable. This is not just a precautionary warning, many people drown in this section of the river every year. Even if the surface looks calm, strong currents underneath are common. Smooth boulders should be avoided as it can be easy to slip in. Swimming in this section of the river is discouraged.
- Parking: Yes
- Entry Price: Free* (Some access points have an entry fee)
- Public Bathrooms: Yes
- 24/7 Access: Yes
- Fishing License Required: Yes (For ages 16+)
- Camping: Yes
- Trout: Limit of 5, no size restrictions
- Bass: Limit of 2, must be over 15 inches
- Most artificial lures and baits allowed
- Crankbaits (Bass)
- Senkos (Bass)